The best AC universal power adapter we’ve found is this bright blue cube that has adapters that will plug your devices into wall outlets in over 150 countries. It’s a great buy for $16.99: versatile, lightweight, and inexpensive. The all-in-one design cuts down on the number of adapters you have to buy when you’re traveling to multiple countries. Plus, it has dual USB ports so you can charge up to 3 devices simultaneously. It’s a bit of a Rubrik’s cube at first, so give yourself a couple of minutes to familiarize yourself with it before you leave home so you know exactly how to use it. Pack it along with this portable external battery for your smartphone and you’ll be set for any power eventuality.
- Type A plugs: for US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, most of Central America, and the Caribbean
- Type I plug: for Argentina, Australia, China, New Zealand, Fiji, most of the South Pacific
- Type G plug: for UK, Ireland, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia,
- Type F (Schucko) plug: for most of Europe, including Italy, Germany, France, Croatia, Greece, The Netherlands, and Finland
- A certified safety fuse to protect your devices
- the capability to work with dual voltage devices, like laptops
- dual USB ports so you can charge up to 3 devices at the same time
- Is does NOT have the Type C plug you will need in Switzerland, Austria, and most of African countries
- It is NOT a voltage converter! In general, you don’t have to worry about voltage converters anyway. Most of your devices, like laptops, are already with dual voltage devices.
- Is not appropriate for high power devices like irons, blow dryers, and coffee makers. But you don’t need to travel with your iron or coffee maker anyway, do you?